About Our Program
The Family Choice of New York Nursing Facility Program is designed to provide additional care and support to individuals who reside permanently in long-term care facilities, while working closely with the medical professionals they already know and trust. The Family Choice program recognizes the need for increased hands-on-clinical care, with an emphasis on prevention, frequent assessment and early intervention. We focus on bringing an additional layer of care and support to the patients and families we serve, by working in partnership with facility staff and a patient’s Primary Care Physician.
Our team is comprised of Medical Directors, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Social Workers and Care Coordinators who focus on providing the following services through our Nursing Home Program including:
- An opportunity for an individual to be treated in their own home, the nursing facility where they reside, whenever it’s safe and appropriate to do so.
- Regular visits from a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant at least once a month or more frequently when needed.
- Ongoing support from a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with additional clinical support provided by our Medical Directors.
- Early identification of problems and intervention to prevent unnecessary hospitalizations and emergency room visits.
- Enhanced communication with the individual, facility, physician and family.
- A social worker who assists with insurance/Medicaid benefits, advanced care decisions, emotional support, and improved access to community resources through consultation, education and outreach.
- A care coordinator to arrange transportation and specialty referrals including services that need to be provided outside of the facility.
- Support and communication during any transition such as a hospital admission or facility transfer.
- Passionate devotion to achieving outcomes that enhance both quality of care and quality of life.
To learn more about our Innovative Nursing Facility Program please call us at (716) 668-7051.